Followers

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Paisley Butterfly

Hello everyone, it's time for a brand new challenge over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog this week, and I am providing part of the inspiration using the scrumptious new colours.

I created my background by adding some Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink to the centre of a piece of smooth watercolour paper, before placing my stencil onto the background. I then added Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, and Fossilized Amber again in bands radiating out towards the edge of the background. With the stencil still in place, I spritzed some gold shimmer spray over the background, and then removed the stencil. I dried the background with a heat gun.

I stamped around the edges with a small leaf design from the Nature's Paisleys stamp set, using Plum Archival Ink. I added the body of the large butterfly from the Patchwork Butterfly stamp set in the centre of the stencilled area, by masking off the wings, and inking only the body and antennae, and then removing the masking tape before I stamped the image.

I coloured a scrap piece of card with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink, and dried the card thoroughly with a heat gun. I then stamped a large paisley design using Plum Archival Ink, adding clear embossing powder over the top. I repeated this until I had four images. I stamped the paisley design onto a scrap piece of paper and drew a paisley shape arpund the image to create a template for the butterfly wings. I used the template over the top of the four Plum images on the lilac card, drew around the areas and cut them out. I added some shading around the edges of each wing with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I stamped an extra butterfly body onto a piece of card that I had coloured with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink, and cut it out.

I assembled the butterfly using dries clear glue, adding the extra body over the wings. I added a sentiment from the Butterfly Dreams stamp set. I used Seedless Preserves Distress Ink to add some shading to the edge of the background before matting it onto to some plum card, and then onto a large white card blank.

I hope that you will pop over to the Challenge blog to see the rest of the Design Team inspiration, check out the new colour swatch, and join in the challenge, you could win a £15 voucher to spend at Chocolate Baroque!
Thanks for stopping by, xx


5 comments:

Evy Browning said...

Your use of the repetitive paisley images to create the butterfly as well as the paisley foliage around the edge is an lovely exemplar of your skills in design. Not only that but the very shaping of the doily stencilled background accentuates the butterfly shape as well as the oval shapes in the paisley leaves. A really lovely piece of imaginative construction & the white card base provides the perfect foil for all the bright colour.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design Judith, very creative! I hope you are doing well, Hugs, Shirleyxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, such a creative use of the paisley stamp! Love this gorgous butterfly and the sweet warm background!

cuilliesocks said...

OMG Judith what a stunner!! I love your design and colours. I do like the use of the leaf stamp around the edges, it makes a fab frame. the way you have constructed the butterly is amazing, wonderful inspiration, Kate x

rachel said...

this is so beautiful Judith - gorgeous use if the colours and fabulous inspiration! Hugs rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...