Followers

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Brusho Trees

Hello everyone, it's time for another weekly post on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog, and I am providing part of the inspiration this week. I have created a card using Brushos, choosing Vermillion, Orange, Lime Green and Emerald Green as my colour choices.

I die cut a rectangle from smooth watercolour paper, and added a circle mask, before sprinkling the four colours of Brusho across the paper. I spritzed the paper with water, and used a second piece of paper to blot the excess water. I repeated the process with the larger background piece. The beauty of this mehod is that I have two more pieces of watercolour paper ready for another project!

I removed the mask, and added some colour using Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey Distress Ink. I then stamped the tree from the Fantasy Woodland stamp set, and added a sentiment from the Mackintosh Sentiments stamp set. I added a small amount of shading under the tree using Peeled Paint Distress Ink, to ground the tree.

Finally, I matted the background onto olive card, and added a toning ribbon, before adding the main image.

Do pop over to the challenge blog, and check out all of the details about the challenge itself. You will also find lots of inspiration on the blog fromk my Design Team mates. Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

Evy Browning said...

The Brusho background is really effective with your masked circle for the sun & I love the brilliance that using red for the sky provided - lovely & different from the usual blue. Your olive green matting & ribbon pick up beautifully on the soft brown used to stamp the tree silhouettes. Your pale green brusho gives a lovely sense of shrubbery behind the trees & I always love your attention to grounding images.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful brusho's backgrounds, so bright and vibrant! Great idea blot the excess watercolours with another paper to use later! Love the trees, so beautiful with the masking sun!

cuilliesocks said...

Lucious colours Judith and I love the image, lovely design, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...