Followers

Sunday 21 August 2016

Holiday in Italy

Hello everyone, we are creating projects with a Summer theme over on the Design Team this month. When I think of Summer, I immediately think of my favourite holiday destination, Italy. We have recently returned from a week's holiday in Lake Garda, and so it was easy to choose which stamps I should use for my Summer related project.

I started my design by covering my gelli plate with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink, using a brayer, and then laying a piece of smooth card over the top. This is a really quick way of creating a coloured background. I added a crackle finish, using the large crackle stamp from the Echoes of Italy stamp plate, using second generation stamping, and Potting Shed Archival Ink. I used the large decorative design along the bottom of the background to create a border, drawing a faint pencil line to ensure that I got my border nice and straight, and then rubbed the line out afterwards. I edged the background with Wild Honey Distress Ink to add some shading.

I stamped the main image onto a rectangular panel, using Archival Ink as before, and coloured it with Distress Markers and a water brush. I drew a few birds by hand with a permanent fine tipped marker. I stamped the sentiment onto a smaller panel, and added a bit of Fossilized Amber Distress Ink to the background using a blending foam. All of the panels were matted onto dark brown card before I assembled the card.

We had a fabulous holiday in Garda, and I thought that I would share a couple of photos with you.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


8 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your gorgeous card Judith and your photos are a reminder of a lovely holiday had at Lake Garda quite a few years ago now.

Sue xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm so glad that you like my Country, Italy is beautiful :) and you represented so well it's anciente feel, with these fabulous stamps! Love the crackled background- it seems true!- and the large decorative design along the bottom looks fabulous!! Beautiful colouring on the image, too, this card is so paceful with these colours!

craftimamma said...

Beautiful card with stunning colouring Judith. Excellent precision stamping of the border at the bottom too. Glad you had such a wonderful holiday in your favourite place.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is stunning Judith, gorgeous image and colours, your colouring is brilliant and such a lovely design.
Wonderful photos, it's a fabulous country and Lake Garda is stunning, so pleased you had such a fab holiday, Kate x

Evy Browning said...

Your use of the crackle stamp with the second generation stamping creates a very realistic impression of baked earth. The border across the bottom is nicely Italianate & I particularly like your choice of brown for matting especially with the way you created a halo effect inside the sentiment panel by your addition of the Fossilised Amber ink across the central area. Your final photo ties in nicely with your card doesn't it?

sally said...

It's such a beautiful part of Italy - I just know that you had a great time. I certainly lived this area when I visited & have very happy memories- it was one of the reasons I bought the Italian set of stamps!

Sally

Elaine said...

Lovely design Judith. Beautiful colours, I love the soft yellow background and the lovely border stamps. Your main image is beautifully coloured as always. I am sure this was a lovely card to make with your Garda holiday memories are so fresh in your mind! Elaine xxx

Unknown said...

Love the card Judith, so creative :)

June x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...