Followers

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Brusho Poinsettia

Hello everyone, today sees the start of a brand new challenge over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog. We have some spicy new colours for you ro create your projects with, and the Design Team girls have created some fabulous inspiration which you can check out over on the blog through the coming weeks. I have a card to share with you today as part of that inspiration.

I stamped the Poinsettia Script stamp using Versamark and white embossing powder onto a piece of kraft card. I have had this stamp in my stash for such a long time that it is wood mounted, and it is like geting out an old friend whenever I use the stamp. I coloured the image using Brushos and a water brush. It is the first time that I have used Brushos with this image, and it looks so pretty.

I sprinkled the same colours of Brusho onto a larger piece of kraft card, and spritzed it with water, then blotted it with a spare piece of card. (I will use this piece of card for another project). I dried the card with a heat gun, and added a piece of brown ribbon to the background before assembling the card, matting both layers onto dark brown card.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Judith what a wonderful card, beautifully designed and coloured and the poinsettia is gorgeous, I love the background script, super inspiration, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card! Love this poinsettia with the white lines and the script! Your brusho's background matches very well with the kraft and white colours and the brown bow is a perfect detail!

Evy Browning said...

What an absolutely glorious effect with the Brushos for the colouring & then echoed in your background. The white embossing is striking on the kraft yardstick & I love the matting & ribbon in dark brown. The whole colour scheme is lovely & unusually Christmassy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...