Followers

Monday 21 November 2016

Mr Robin

Hello everyone, another Christmas card from me today. I have used the spare piece of kraft card left over from my previous project to create the background for this card. I sprinkled Brushos onto the original piece of kraft card, spritzed it with water, and used this piece of card to blot up the excess water and colour, giving me the extra background to play with. I stamped the holly sprigs from the Holly Script stamp set over the background using Peeled Paint Distress Ink, and then edged the piece of card with the same ink.

I stamped and embossed Mr Robin using Versamark and Wow white embossing powder, before colouring the image with Brushos and a waterbrush. I also edged this piece of card with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. To finish, I added some lovely red satin ribbon, and a green card to mat the background.

These dull days are making it difficult to photograph my projects, it is so rainy at the moment. By the time you read this I will be in sunnier climes. I hope that you are keeping warm! Thanks for stopping by, xx


2 comments:

Evy Browning said...

Your red ribbon & the green matting bring out the colours beautifully & the Peeled Paint edging really sets both panels off. The holly leaves in the background panel & the fuzziness of the Brusho colours remind me of photographs where the background is out of focus but the principal image is all the more distinct because of it - lovely effect.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great upcycling of your brusho's scrap, love very much this background! The cute robin and the ribbon make the card so festive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...