Followers

Thursday, 9 March 2017

Spring Time Pastels

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you today. My projects are from last month's TV shows on Hochanda, featuring a selection of Chocolate Baroque's Spring themed stamps. Just the thing to banish those rainy day blues.

For my first project, I created a background using Pan Pastels on a piece of smooth white card. I used  shades of yellow and orange and added a hint of Plum Pan Pastel around the edges. Using Versamark Ink, I stamped the butterfly flourish image randomly over the background, and dusted Pan Pastels over the top to complete the background.

I die cut a rectangular panel and stamped the two butterflies from the butterfly flourish image onto the panel before masking them. (To stamp just the butterfly from the image, I used masking tape to cover the areas of the stamp that I did not need, inked up the stamp, and removed the masking tape before I stamped the image). I then stamped the lovely large flower image from the Breath of Spring stamp set, and also masked this image.

I kept the die in place on my die cut panel so that I would have a white border around the panel once I had added any background colour. I added Pan Pastels, using a selection of yellow and orange colours to create an ombre background, starting with the lightest colour at the top, graduating down to the darkest colour at the bottom. I removed the masks, and coloured the images with pencils, before adhering both panels to a large white card blank.

To create my second project, I covered a large Tando Tag with a piece of watercolour paper that I had coloured myself with Distress Ink, using Spun Sugar and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. I stamped some foliage over the background to give a feeling of depth using the same pale green ink, using an image from the Spring Foliage stamp set. I edged the tag with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, and stamped the pretty bird image from the Spring Bird Crocus stamp set onto the tag. I added a sentiment from the Glorious Spring stamp set. I coloured the images with pencils, as before. To get my ribbon to match perfectly, I took some pale cream seam binding ribbon, and ran it through some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and water that I had placed onto my craft mat. I simply dried the ribbon with my heat gun, and ironed it on a low setting. I already had some green organza ribbon that was a good match, but otherwise, I would have created some green ribbon in the same way.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

4 comments:

Evelyn Browning said...

Two stunningly creative projects with your usual impeccable attention to the use of colour . The first has a lovely dimensional feel to it thanks to your masking & I particularly like the way that the soft mauves contrast with the brilliance of the gold ombre background. In the second the little splash of blue in the eggs catches the eye & your little bird's colours make me think of a warbler (but don't ask me which one). Again your depth with the bold leaves & bird against the soft background & toning grasses stamping is very powerful & I love the pink edging picked out by the pink coloured seam binding.

scrAPpamondo said...

Awww.... i'm just in love with both your projects, they are really delightful!!
Amazing colours, flower and background in the first one, you really made the image pop out!! It feels as a wonderful garden in the sunshine!!
The tag is so sweet and delicate!! The soft colours make it very elegant!

rachel said...

these are both absolutely stunning Judith - wow! Hugs rachel x

Elaine said...

Two lovely projects Judith. I really love the card. Your use of Pan pastels has created a really lovely rich coloured background that blends perfectly with the pencil colouring. I can imagine the mask for the flower head was a joy to cut out! The tag with the bird design is lovely in the soft greens. Elaine xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...