Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you today incorporating the 'Caught in Crystal' technique and using some of the lovely silhouette flowers from both the Silhouette Grasses stamp set and the individual Baroque Meadow stamp.
I created a large piece of caught in crystal background, by dropping Crystal Laquer all over a large piece of acetate, and then dropping Distress re-inkers in Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold and Picked Raspberry over the acetate in between the Crystal Lacquer. Using my fingers, (I wore disposable gloves!), I smooshed the mixture around on the acetate, until I was happy with the coverage, trying to leave a few gaps of the acetate uncovered. I sprinkled some fine glitter over the acetate, and then pressed some tissue paper over the top that I had scrunched up and then smoothed out again reasonably well. I added a little bit more Crystal Lacquer over the top, and then added a piece of plain card as the final layer, using a brayer to ensure that everything was stuck down properly.
Once the glue was dry,
I stamped the Baroque Meadow image, adding the three little
silhouette butterflies, using Stazon Jet Black ink. I trimmed the piece
of background to size, and matted it onto black card.
found a larger piece of wrinkle free distress background in my stash of
left over backgrounds, which was a lovely bright orange, (I had used Ripe Persimmon originally to create the background), and simply
added some Picked Rasberry Distress Ink around the edges so that it toned in with
the caught in crystal panel. I added a sentiment from the Words to Dazzle and Sparkle stamp set, and adhered the background to a large black card blank.
Thanks for stopping by, xx