Followers

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Dreamy Butterfly


Hello everyone, I have a project to share that is featuring over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog today.

I have created a panel using a heavy duty greyboard panel, covered with script paper. I then covered this with a light coat of watered down gesso, and chose two pretty stencils to add more detail to my background. I used Bundled Sage Distress Ink for the harlequin stencil, and both Victorian Velvet and Festive Berries to colour the floral stencil, adding a touch of red pencil to the flower tips. I edged the panel with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
I added a lovely sentiment from the See Beauty clear stamp set, and my favourite big butterfly from the Patchwork Butterfly stamp set. I coloured the image using Zig Clean Colour markers and a water brush.


Thanks for stopping by, xx

5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and so inspiring, I just received my new CB stamps yesterday so am happy. xx{aNNie}

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Judith, lovely composition of images and colours, love it, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, such a lovely and sweet card! Fabulous!

Evy Browning said...

Your colouring of the butterfly just makes it glow & I love the way the stencilled flower petals echo the pointy innermost segments of the two butterfly wings & using pink for both really brings it out. The various uses of script is fascinating from the sentiment via the butterfly's right inner wing to the background & just look at how the typeface of 'perchance' echoes that on the butterfly's wing & the cursive nature of 'dream' echoes the cursive of the background. Very cleverly designed indeed.

veronica said...

this is gorgeous Judith, love the soft colours

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...