Followers

Friday 3 February 2017

Birthday Card for my FIL

Hello everyone, I'm back again with a masculine Birthday card to share with you. It's my Father-in-Law's Birthday today, and I needed to make him a card. I had these stamps out on my craft table, and decided to use them for his card. The card did not take all that long to make, as I had a design in mind, and so I managed to complete the card in about half an hour.

I cut a piece of smooth watercolour card 11cms x 11cms, and stamped the image using Potting Shed Archival Ink. I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, and then added the sentiment, also using Archival Ink. I edged the panel with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink.

I cut a larger piece of kraft card, a little bit smaller than my card blank, and randomly stamped the two fern stamps over the background, using Olive and Library Green Archival Ink. I matted both panels onto dark brown card.

Unlike both of my previous cards, I have gone for a much simpler design, showing that you can make a very stylish design in a short space of time. The earthy colours make this card ideal for a masculine Birthday card.


Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

craftimamma said...

This is beautiful Judith and absolutely perfect for a man's card. Gorgeous little scene you created.

It's my brother's birthday today too so I had a 'male' style card to do as well.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This kingfisher looks amazing, wonderful colouring and classy masculine feel on your card!

Evy Browning said...

Very effective & I particularly like the way your fern background gives the sense of feathers to the brain echoing the feathers of the kingfisher (or is it only my brain that does such things??). The soft colouring of the focal panel draws the eye immediately. The sentiment in brown works beautifully, it would have been too stark in black.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...