Followers

Friday 22 September 2017

Christmas Old and New

Hello everyone, I am sharing some Christmas projects with you today that were featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

For my first project,  I created a background, using soft blues and pinks to represent a Winter sky. I added some deeper blue hills using torn paper masks, and stamped the tree from the Frosty Trees stamp set and the sentiment from the Let's Get Festive stamp set, using Cobalt Archival Ink. Ensuring that the background was completely dry, I added some snowflakes using white embossing powder, and then used some flat-backed gems for added sparkle.

Using another tree from the same stamp set, I created an icy background using metallic paints, and on a smaller scrap of the same card, I stamped and embossed the tree panel using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and clear embossing powder, for a crisp image. I matted the layers onto black card, and added some small black gems. The sentiment comes from the Let's Get Festive stamp set once again.

 I wanted to create a piece of home decor especially for Christmas using my favourite sentiment from the new stamp set. I painted a chipboard heart in soft blue chalk paint, adding some crackle medium here and there, and then added a vintage white paint over the top. I then stamped the sentiment in Red Geranium Archival Ink before adding the fabulous pine cones from the New England Winter stamp set around the edges. I used Distress Markers to colour the stamps, allowing me to add colour exactly where I wanted. A red ribbon completes the project.

This next card is an adaptation of an old card that I first made several years ago, using the Winter Birds stamp set, but I have made it in a different size. These days, I like to make 8" x 8" cards, and so the card does look slightly different from the original. I have added one of the new sentiments this time around as well.


Finally two golden oldies for you, which I hope you will forgive seeing again. I remade the first one, which was originally given as a Birthday card to someone. It just goes to show that these beautiful stamps can be used at other times of the year, not just at Christmas, with a change of colour. I have used the large image from the Reindeer Landscape stamp set, embossed with copper embossing powder, and coloured with Distress Inks and a water brush. The background was also created with Wild Honey and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks, and I have then stamped leaves from the Sunny Sunflowers stamp set, and coloured them with Polychromos pencils. The sentiment, which is my all time favourite Chocolate Baroque sentiment,  comes from the Nature's Peace stamp set.


Finally a luminary, also using the large image from the Reindeer Landscape stamp set. I die cut an aperture from four large printed tags. The images were stamped and embossed onto parchment using white embossing powder, and coloured from behind. I used metal tape to join the tags, which I embossed, and aged with a little bit of black paint.

I hope that my projects have given you some ideas using these fabulous stamps. Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

Evy Browning said...

A really stunning selection of projects using different techniques with the mix & match of old & new stamp sets. I love the first with it's lovely sentiment complimenting the shapes wishing the tree & the oh so atmospheric background with the cold hills. I always loved the New England Winter pinecones stamp, looking beautiful with the bright Christmassy red. And then who can forget the classic Nature's Peace stamp plate perfectly matched with your colours & the Sunny Sunflowers leaves. The Autumnal colours just glow & I particularly like the green & copper combination.

cuilliesocks said...

Oh my goodness Judith what wonderful cards and the lantern is exquisite, this is one of my favourite images. All the designs are stunning and beautifully coloured, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, wow!!!! All your projects are just amazing!! LOVE all them!! The first one is so delicate and sweet!! The second one is elegant and modern, the heart plaque is a perfect Christmas home decor, and the card with the warm colors and the bird on the bauble looks just amazing!!! The two last cards are my favorite! Such wonderful scene you have created with that piece of forest!!! Wonderful autumnal landscape, I just adore it and pinned!
https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524493483900/
And the luminary is stunning!! Clever idea and awesome result!! The metal tape joining the tags it's a brilliant detail!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...