Followers

Friday, 8 September 2017

Floral Collection

 Hello everyone, I have some floral projects to share with you today, that were featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda. These cards were made using the individual floral stamps from the shows, and I used a range of techniques to create the cards.

For my first card, I coloured the background with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, using the wrinkle free distress technique. I then stamped over the top using a stamp from the Harlequin Fragments stamp set, using Distress Oxide Inks. I stamped the Harlequin Bouquet individual stamp onto a die cut oval, using Archival Deep Purple Ink, and coloured the image using Distress Inks and a water brush. I added a sentiment to the background from the Loving Sentiments stamp set. I edged the background with the Archival Ink to create a border, before adhering it to a large white card blank.

For my second card, I created a background using red, orange and lime green Brushos and kraft card. I stamped the Floribunda Net individual image onto another piece of kraft card, and embossed it using white embossing powder. I coloured the image using Brushos and a water brush. I stamped the sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set onto a smaller piece of kraft card, again using white embossing powder. I have inked the edges of each piece of card using red ink.

For my third card, I coloured the background again using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, and used the Large Crackle Background for added texture, stamping with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. I cut a postcard sized piece of card, and stamped the Crackling Rose individual stamp, adding images from the Mail Art stamp set, to create a postcard effect. I created a small sentiment strip using words from the Loving Sentiments stamp set once again. I edged each piece of card with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.


Long term viewers of the blog will have seen a rendition of this final project, which I remade for the TV show. I hope that you will not mind seeing it again, using the Flora Musica stamp set. I used a piece of old music paper, colouring the edges with Distress Ink and then adding a border by stamping an image from the Decadent Brocade stamp set, but any scroll type stamp would do, there are lots to choose from in the Chocolate Baroque range.

I will be back later in the month to share some projects from the Christmas show that took place during the second part of August. Thanks for stopping by, xx

2 comments:

scrAPpamondo said...

Awww... Such wonderful cards!! Love the different designs and colors, and I'm absolutely amazed by the last one!!! So sweet, romantic and vibrant!
Pinned! https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524493271013/

Evelyn Browning said...

I love the way you've used different mediums with these floral stamps & matched the relevant backdrops in the focal stamp to your overall card background. The final one is my favourite with the way you used the stamp around the edge of the music paper. The different colour ways give a lovely group of examples & the first shows so clearly that the flowers don't have to be in their natural colours to be effective.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...