Followers

Sunday 27 August 2017

A Colourful Collection

Hello everyone, I have more projects to share with you using the fabulous new stamps featured on last month's shows on Hochanda.

I was very taken with the Floral Harmony stamp, and love the flower head image part of the design in particular. I decided to use this as the focal point for a couple of my projects.

I applied texture paste through the Useful Leaves Stencil onto a large Tando Tag, and allowed this to dry completely. I covered the tag with gesso, and once this was dry, applied a combination of pale pink and turquoise chalk paints from Momenta to the background.

I stamped the leafy spray stamps from the Take It or Leaf It stamp set, using Memento Teal Zeal Ink onto the background. I stamped several of the floral images onto to some spare white card, and coloured them using water based markers. I added a bit of Stickles to the centres for added bling. I coloured a piece of white card with water based marker that I had scribbled onto an acrylic block and spritzed with water. I then die cut a small rectangle and stamped a sentiment from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp set. I edged the rectangle using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.

I added the flowers and sentiment to the tag, and finally coloured some ribbon using the same paints as I had used for the background, to give a coordinated feel to the project.



For my next project, I rummaged through my stash, and found some brightly coloured backgrounds, and cut out some squares of orange card, I then inked up the flower head part of the stamp, using Orange Blossom Archival Ink, and pressed the squares of card onto the stamp to obtain the image. I also stampd several of the large leaves from the Take it or Leaf It stamp set, using Olive Archival Ink, and then cut all of the images out. I arranged them onto a large black card blank, to create a wreath shape. Once again, I added Stickles to the centres of the flowers for some sparkle.

I die cut a circle from another piece of the orange card, and stamped a sentiment from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp set.



For my final project, I decided to work within my favourite colour palette, and created a soft background of turquoise and purple, using Distress Oxide Ink. I stamped the Baroque Corners using Cobalt Archival Ink, and added a sentiment from the Amazing Words stamp set. I edged the background with a Seedless Preserves Distress Ink.


Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three fabulous creation, so creative, and just LOVE that wonderful tag!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

All three are beautiful samples Judith, but if forced to pick a favourite it would have to be the bottom card. I love the colours in that one and the corner stamp.

Sue xx

Evy Browning said...

That flower head image is my kind of style too - love that tag with the way the chalky paints highlight the images & how you've used the Picked Raspberry plus the ribbon to bring out the colours. Your wreath card is very striking & again your love of colours shows through. The Baroque Corners stamp card works beautifully with the way the corner images 'point' the eye to the sentiment & the font of that fits perfectly with the corner stamp. Hard to choose a favourite from these.........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...