Followers

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Butterfly Wreath

Hello everyone, I am sharing a card that I have created as part of the monthly Fifteen MInute blog post over on the Design Team blog today. This card was made as a Birthday card for a special friend, but it doubled up as a quick card for this blog post as well.


I created a wreath by using the leafy sprays from the Take It or Leaf It stamp set. I stamped the images around a pencil drawn circle, using first and second generation stamping, and Memento Pistachio ink. Once the ink was dry, I rubbed out the pencil line. I then die cut several butterflies from book paper which had been stuck onto card, which I found  in my box of scraps. The dies are a set from Crealies, and are a firm favourite of mine. I inked around the edges of the butterflies with Abandoned Coral Distress Ink and stuck them around the circle.This is not a colour that I use much, but it goes so well with the Pistachio. Finally I added a sentiment from the Birthday Words stamp set.

After looking at several options, I decided that kraft suited this card best, and so I matted the background onto a large kraft card blank.

Pop over to the Design Team Blog to see the rest of the creations in this month's Fifteen Minute blog post.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


6 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is a lovely butterfly card and quick has to be good when you need a card in a hurry.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Judith, great to know that you can make such a great card in fifteen minutes.

Sue xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely colours and stamps, great design for your sweet and quick card!

Jan said...

This is lovely and simple which makes itall the more fun . Thanks so much for sharing the how to . Joynow jan

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Judith, lovely colours and love the use of printed papers for the butterflies, beautifully designed card, Kate x

Pat said...

I adore the butterfly wreath Judith in thosse soft and pretty tones and cutting them from a book page adds to the interest and the slightly distressed look. Those leaves from the Take It or Leaf It set work beautifully for the wreath too. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...