Followers

Saturday 12 August 2017

Two Tone Teasels

Hello everyone, it's not often that I find the time to make something other than Design Team projects these days, but I needed to make my lovely Dad a Birthday card recently, and decided to make him a card using a fabulous set of stamps from Woodware that have been languishing unused in my stash.

I created a blended background using a combination of Scattered Straw and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks, and then using a favourite stencil, I added a patch of stenciling at two opposite corners. I used a baby wipe in the middle of the card to take away colour using the same stencil.

Using the Clear Magic Teasel stamps, I first stamped the images in Potting Shed Archival Ink, and then in Black, creating a depth to the images. I added a lovely large sentiment from Inkylicious to complete the card. My Dad's eyesight is not so good, following two strokes this year, and this visual card was perfect for him.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


6 comments:

Carole C. said...

Hi Judith. Your card is lovely and the teasel stamp is gorgeous too.I like the background colours you have used . A perfect card for a man.
Best wishes
Carole:)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such amazing background, full of light, and there is a great depth on the beautiful flowers! Fabulous card!

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous colour theme Judith, and a wonderful stamped image, beautifully designed background too, makes a super male card, love it, Kate x

veronica said...

lopve this one Judith, and the teasel stamps are gorgeous

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful card..love the hints of stenciling visible in the bkg.
tfs,
Karen

Evy Browning said...

What a super design for your Dad & I particularly like the positive & negative effects of that stencil across the blue diagonal. These teasels are a delight too, such graphic images & I love the quirkiness of that bent stem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...