Followers

Thursday 16 November 2017

A Wheelie Quick Card!!!

I am sharing a card today as part of the Fifteen Minute blog post which is airing on the Design Team Blog. Regular followers will know that this blog post features cards and projects made in fifteen minutes or less, and we aim to show that you can create designs that are both stylish and have that wow factor, but do not need to spend hours to achieve the end result.

My card was made as a Birthday card for my lovely Husband, who celebrated his Birthday a couple of weeks ago. He likes plain and simple cards, and even though his Birthday falls on a particular day, he definitely does not want anything Hallowe'en related! He is a cycling enthusiast, and so I felt that this design would fit the bill perfectly.

I started my card by cutting a strip of smooth cartridge paper, and masking off the central area with a piece of masking tissue. I stamped the front wheel of the penny farthing from the Steampunkery stamp set in various colours across the top and bottom of the background. I simply used masking tape to cover up the rest of the stamp before I inked the stamp, and removed the tape before I stamped it each time. Once I had stamped the wheels, I removed the msking tissue, and stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Words stamp set across the middle, using black ink. To finish, I simply added the background to a large black card blank.

Do head over to the Design Team blog to see what my Team Mates have created in the post today, it is a jam-packed post, and you will definitely be inspired! Thanks for stopping by, xx

2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Delicious and so creative card!

Evy Browning said...

So appropriate for any male cycle enthusiast & I particularly like your gradation of the reds & greens either side of the central blue wheel. I had to smile at your post title - lovely play on words. Delightful CAS design principles showcased perfectly too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...