Followers

Saturday 16 June 2018

A Speedy Butterfly!

Hello everyone, it is time for the monthly epic Fifteen Minute blog post over on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog. I am sharing my contribution to this month's post, as well as writing the post, of course!

I have made a butterfly themed card, using some of the feather stamps featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda, and this idea just popped into my head as a suitable idea for a quick card.

I have created a background using a piece of drawing cartridge, adding lots of water, and brushing Dr P H Martins watercolour inks over the top. These inks come in a range of glorious colours, and I chose two of my favourites for this project. I sprinkled sea salt over the ink while it was wet and dried the background with a heat gun. (If I was not up against a fifteen minute deadline, I would have left the background to dry naturally). Once the background was dry, I brushed the salt away, and I stamped a leaf from the Tangled Garden stamp set, which I then masked, before stamping a large and a small feather twice. I drew some antennae using a fine liner pen, and added a touch of colour to the butterfly that I had created using Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I blended the same colour of Distress Ink around the edge of the background. I added the main sentiment from the I Shall be Your Wings stamp set. A tiny bit of stickles glue was brushed over the wings to finish.

Do pop over to the Design Team blog to check out the projects made by my team mates, they have made some fabulous inspiration in under fifteen minutes.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card and just LOVE the salt technique you used for the background!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...