Followers

Sunday 16 September 2018

Paisley Accordian Book

Hello everyone, I am back to share another project with you featuring the stamps from last month's shows on Hochanda.



This time, I have chosen to share a little concertina book that I made. I make these books quite often, and they are a great size for journalling, or creating smaller pieces of artwork.

I took two whiteboard postcards, and coloured the white surfaces with Salty Ocean Distress Ink. I then stamped the surfaces with a paisley image from the Paisley Elephant stamp set, using a purple toned Versafine Clair ink. To create a cover for the inside, I coloured a piece of drawing cartridge with Twisted Citron Distress Ink, and stamped the same image with an orange toned Versafine Clair ink. I trimmed two sections to fit the whiteboard panels.


These sections will be barely visible when the book is finished, but they create a nicely decorated edge inside the book, and it is worth completing this step.

I made my pages by cutting and folding some large pieces of watercolour paper, but you could use drawing cartridge, it would make a great surface for this project. You need to make the pages slightly smaller in height and width than the whiteboard pieces themselves, and just keep folding the pieces, and sticking them together until you have a section as long as you want to put inside the book. As you can see, I have already added some ribbon underneath my back decorated surface, and this will wrap all of the way around the book eventually, to keep it closed. The left side of the ribbon needs to be longer than the right, to go across the spine and the front of the book, (see top picture).

To decorate the front of the book, I used some shimmering purple Soft Form Relief Paste, which I spread over the large background image from the Paisley Elephant stamp set. I left this to set overnight, and then peeled it away from the stamp. I trimmed the edges, and added some blue and gold gilding wax, picking out some of the raised detail. I attached the film to the book, and added some Little Birdie flowers that I had spritzed with orange Brusho, and some gold paisley embellishments from my stash.


Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx



1 comment:

Evy Browning said...

The paisley detail for the internal covers is a lovely touch & I particularly like the way the orange is picked up by the flowers on the front cover outside. Stunning use of colours & a lovely way of making something for your own use which can be a permanent record of a personal artistic journey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...