Followers

Thursday 24 January 2019

Kim Moody Nautical Stamps

Hello everyone, today on the Chocolate Design Team blog, we are featuring Kim Moody's latest stamp designs. Earlier this month, Lesley showcased the stamps in a one hour TV show on Hochanda, and the Design Team had a lot of fun creating some samples. Here are my projects:

I used one of Lesley's My Floral Soul papers to stamp the Harbour Master image, using a dark blue Versafine ink. I coloured the image using Koh-I-Noor pencils, coordinating the colours with the paper itself. I added a large 'porthole' cut from metallic card, and added some screw brads to complete the effect. A sentiment was stamped onto a piece of scrap card left from another project.


I stamped the main image from A Dip In The Sea onto kraft card using brown Archival Ink. I coloured the image using Polychromos pencils, deliberately keeping the image muted. I stamped the smaller images onto three circles from the White Board Hearts and Circles pack. I added a bit of colour around the edges with Distress Ink and coloured them in the same colours as before, before adding a thick glaze, and distressing the edges with brown ink.

I chose another piece of Lesley's paper as a background, and then stamped the lighthouse from Looking out to See! onto a piece of Drawing Cartridge. I extended the scene using a permanent black marker, and added the signs to complete the foreground. I masked the lighthouse and the signs before painting the background with Koh-I-Noor paints, stamping the clouds with Distress Inks. I edged the panel with black ink before attaching it to the patterned paper, and added a sentiment to finish.

Do pop over to the Design Team blog to see what my Team mates have made using Kim's fabulous stamps. There are even some projects from Kim himself! Thanks for stopping by, xx

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Stunning and beautiful cards, so unusual with those stamps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...