Followers

Thursday 16 May 2019

Large Trees

Hello everyone, I have two projects appearing on the Design Team Blog today in the Fifteen Minute blog post. This is a monthly feature made up of quick cards and projects, each taking no more than fifteen minutes to complete.

My first card was made using a scrap of background from my stash, which had originally been created by inking around some leaves from my garden, using Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink on yellow card. I stamped the large tree from Trees a Crowd onto a piece of watercolour paper using Black Archival Ink, then carefully sprinkled red, green and orange Brushos just where I wanted them. I spritzed the Brushos with water. I used some green Brusho and a waterbrush to 'ground' the tree. I inked around the panel with Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink. I added a sentiment strip to complete the card, inking around it as before.

My second project is a large tag, I added background colour by covering a large acrylic tag with Distress Ink and spritzing it with water before swiping it across the tag. I used the same tree image as before and added a smaller tree image from the same stamp set stamped using green ink in first and second generation stamping to create the foliage. Again, I used some extra Distress Ink to 'ground' the tree, as I do not want the tree to be floating in mid air. A sentiment, ribbon, and hand drawn birds completed the tag.

Do check out the Design Team blog to see what my Team mates have been up to with their Fifteen Minute creations. Thanks for stopping by, xx

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing both your cards! Love how you coloured them, thanks for sharing! Love those trees!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...