Followers

Monday 10 June 2019

Kim's Houses

I have a few cards to share today showcasing the newest collection of stamps by Kim Moody. Kim created these fabulous houses as a set that could be put together as a street, or equally work brilliantly as stand alone images. He has also drawn some smaller add on images which are so useful for creating scenes and completing your artwork.

 The Posh House is sure to make you smile, it really is very delapidated, with its crumbling plaster, exposed brickwork, and an air of genteel neglect. It is calling out to be fixed up, and its name suggests that it feels superior to its neighbours who are in far better shape!



I have used Distress Oxides for my backgrounds, and added a large tree image from the Trees a Crowd stamp set to finish the card. The sentiment is also one from Kim's stamp plates, something new this time.

Our House is a super tall skinny house, great for creating terraces, or again, as a stand alone house. The little cat looking up at the pie in the open window, the milk bottles, and the bird on the roof, are all great little details.



I used an acrylic tag, stamped with Archival Ink and painted the image with acrylic paints. I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of patterned paper and then attached it to back of the tag with matte medium.



I stamped and masked the house, created a wash of colour over the background with Distress Inks. I added a woodland using trees from Trees a Crowd, and then added the little removal van. I coloured the images with pencils.

Gran's House is full of character with the beams and the wonky handrail on the steps. The cracked plaster on the walls and the lovely old door simply add to the quirky nature of the house.


I chose kraft card and white embossing to create my card. I added trees from the Trees a Crowd stamp set, omitting the trunk from one of them to make it look like a bush instead. I used a Versamark pen to complete the landscape, and added the embossing powder over the top. I coloured the images with Koh-I-Noor paints.



I have used some of the little words to create a set of party invitations by stamping onto Gelli plate backgrounds. These were really quick and easy, and made in just a couple of minutes. I added a faux stitched border with a fine liner pen.

The Shop is asuch a detailed image, every time you look, there is something else to see. Check out the little mouse underneath the boxes, and Kim's signature bird on the roof. You can have so much fun planning which colours to use for all of the fruit and vegetables.

I used Masking Tissue to mask The Shop, and Posh House so that I could stamp the other two houses afterwards. I then masked all of the houses to add a Pan Pastel background and trees from Trees a Crowd in first and second generation stamping. I coloured the images with pencils.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have been so busy!! How many lovely inspirations! Love especially the last one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...