Followers

Sunday 6 October 2019

Blue Butterfly


Hello everyone, I have a project to share with you today featuring stamps from last month's TV shows on Hochanda. Sadly I was unable to go with Lesley to Hochanda, as we were saying goodbye to my lovely Mum on what would have been her 80th Birthday. Mum was instrumental in introducing me to card making, and it was through her that I got to know Glenda and Lesley. She was so proud when I joined the Design Team, and loved to watch me on the TV. Mum was a huge Chocolate Baroque fan, and had compiled a large collection of the stamps in her own right. She loved to create cards with me whenever we got together, and some of my happiest memories with my Mum are of us crafting together.

I have chosen to make a card using stamps from the lovely Happy Flower's Day stamp set, which is such a versatile collection of images. The flowers and butterfly are just delightful, and the script is incredibly useful to add as a background or embellishment. I think these are going to be a long time favourite of mine!

I started out by creating a background using the large butterfly, and stamping and embossing over a piece of drawing cartridge with white embossing powder and Versamark Ink. I added Brusho powder in Sea Green and Turquoise, then spritzed with water. I dabbed the background with a piece of kitchen towel to blend the background, and the butterflies acted as a resist for the vibrant colour.

I used the damp kitchen towel to colour a whiteboard heart, creating a much paler colour, which was exactly what I wanted. I then stamped the butterfly definition over the top using a Library Green Archival ink. I stamped and embossed the butterfly once more onto a piece of coloured vellum, and cut it out, attaching it to the whiteboard heart. Finally, I used a piece of deep green card to mat the background, and pull everything together.

I will be back later in the month with more projects to share with you. Thanks for stopping by, xx

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How sweet!! Love that butterfly and your background!! The paper towel for the heart is just perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...