Followers

Friday 14 August 2020

Limited Colours Make a Bold Statement

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you showcasing the fabulous stamps from last month's TV shows on Hochanda. These lovely stamps hand drawn by Kim Moody for Chocolate Baroque are so useful, and I wanted to show that they could be used for a range of different occasions.

 

My first card was created using a background that I found when rummaging through my stash. I had used Distress Inks in shades of blue and green, and thought that it looked very cheery. I made a smaller piece of background very quickly to match, and stamped the frame and skin from Hold On, adding a little motif that I decoupaged from the dreamcatcher from Catching Dreams. The cacti stamped on the main background can be found on Hold on and Do Right Always, they make a lovely overall background softly coloured with Koh-I-Noor pencils, as I have done on this card. I kept to a set colour palette throught the card, and the pop of red against the blue and green adds a lovely warmth to the design.


Although there is quite a lot of colouring on this card, it was relatively quick to complete, and I would certainly make this design again, varying the sentiment to suit the occasion.


My second card was created using an offcut of drawing cartridge. We often have these, and do not always know how to use them up. I again created a Distress Ink background, and stamped a row of cacti, adding a few lines with a fineliner pen to finish off the landscape. I coloured the cacti and the grass with pencils, added a quick bit of shading with a stencil for a sunset, and stamped the lovely sentiment from Hold On. I mounted the piece onto a kraft background for a quick and simple card.


I will be back later in the month with a few more projects to share with you. Thanks for stopping by, xx



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...