Followers

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Christmas Rose Wreath

Hello everyone, I am sharing another project with you today, showcasing another of the stamp sets featured on last month's TV shows. I have chosen to pick one of the little worker stamps from the Christmas Rose Script stamp set to create a wreath. These are always popular projects, and I enjoy making them.

I drew an oval lightly onto a piece of kraft paper with pencil and a die, before stamping the image several times. I used Versafine Clair in Fallen Leaves. I added a sentiment in the middle from the Holly Script stamp set. I cut a couple of masks for the little flower image, and moving around the oval, I added some sprigs of foliage from the Robin the Spruce stamp set to fill in the gaps, moving the masks as I went along.

I coloured the flowers with Faber Castell Black Edition pencils, starting with the lightest colours first, these pencils are great for coloured backgrounds. Finally I added some white dots with liquid white coloured pencil to lift the whole piece. You could also use white acrylic paint to create this effect. The photo does not show, but I added Wink of Stella clear pen in the centres of the flowers for a bit of sparkle. Christmas cards need a bit of bling sometimes!



Thanks for stopping by. Take care,

Judith xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...