Followers

Saturday 11 September 2021

Christmas Scripts

Hello everyone, I am sharing some projects showcasing stamps from last month's TV shows on The Craft Store. It has been a pleasure to use these beautiful script stamps, some favourites of mine, and to try looking at them in a different way. I have used them a lot over the years, and wanted to give them a different feel this time around. I chose mainly pencil colouring, which I love, but chose different coloured card, or bold colours to create an alternative colour choice, to make these stand out Christmas cards for the mantlepiece.

My first card was created using Drawing Cartridge, a go to surface for me. I added Crushed Olive Distress Ink to a larger background, and then stamped the script from the Holly Script stamp set all over the background, to resemble a book page, using a dark brown ink. I added the holly leaves randomly over the top in first and second generation stamping.

I die cut a smaller piece of Drawing Cartridge, and stamped the image, edging the card with the same colour Distress Ink as I used for the background. I coloured the image with Koh-I-Noor pencils, and edged both pieces of card with the brown ink before I adhered them to the card blank.

For my second project, I again used brown ink, but this time, I stamped onto kraft card. I used the small mistletoe stamp from the Mistletoe Script stamp set to stamp all over a larger piece to create a background, then die cut a smaller piece and stamped the main image. Starting with a white pencil, I coloured the images, adding yellow, bright green, then a darker green, to build up the colours. Adding white first onto a coloured background helps with colouring with pencils, and if you remember to leave an area untouched by the darker colours, you have highlights in your leaves and berries. I edged both pieces of card as before with the brown ink before adhering them to the card blank.

Note: I used Faber Castell Black Edition pencils for this kraft card project, they are really good for coloured card projects.

We seem to be hurtling through this year so fast. Hopefully I can get a few more of these cards made before December! Thanks for stopping by, take care xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...