Followers

Wednesday 1 June 2022

In The Frame

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well. I have some projects to share with you today showcasing stamps that were featured on last month's TV shows on Create and Craft. Each of the projects were created in a very similar way, just using a different focal stamp and colours.

I started my first two projects by creating a wrinkle free distress background - adding Distress Inks to my craft mat and spritzing them with water, before placing a piece of Drawing Cartridge over the top to pick up the colour. I dried the background, and patted the Drawing Cartridge onto the craft mat again, to get a second layer of color and dried the background again.

I selected one of the long word strips from the Slim Word Strip 1 stamp set, and stamped it around the edge of the background to create a frame. I started partway in on the first side, and that allowed me to follow around each side in the same way until I had finished. 

I chose the Dandelion Clock image from Not More Flowers! which I stamped twice and embossed with clear embossing powder. I coloured the image with Zig Clean Colour watercolour pens, and then edged the background with Distress Ink. I ran a black inkpad around both layers of card before I attached them to the card blank. This saves using black card as a matting layer.

I chose a subtle yellow/green background for my second card, and the pretty large daisy or gerbera image. I used the same strip stamp, but simply varied the section that I chose to stamp.

The last background was completed by blending Distress Ink over the background with blending brushes and then spritzing the background with water. The effect is a bit softer, but definitely takes longer! I used the pretty echinacea style flower, colouring it to match the background.

I really enjoyed creating these cards, and hope that I have inspired you to try something similar. Thank you for stopping by, take care, xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...