Followers

Monday 1 August 2022

A Pop of Colour

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well. I have a project to share with you showcasing stamps from last month's TV shows on Create and Craft. This was one of the demos that I created on the show, and I really enjoyed putting this project together.

I started my card by colouring a piece of Drawing Cartridge with Distress Oxide Ink, I chose a blue and green ink. I placed it onto a craft mat, and spritzed some water onto the ink, before placing the Drawing Cartridge over the top. I dried the Drawing Cartridge, and then patted it onto the mat again, to pick up some of the left over ink. I dried the Drawing Cartridge once more and continued with the background.

I added some stencilling using orange Distress Oxide Ink. I also stamped the Small Graph Paper stamp using green Versafine Clair ink, simply holding the stamp in my hand, not on a block. This gave me the opportunity to use random parts of the stamp by curving the stamp, so that only a portion of the stamp touched the background. I used a definition from the F is for... stamp set to complete the background.

I stamped and embossed some flowers and a butterfly from the Butterfly Daisy Collage stamp set onto some patterned paper. I coloured the images with Koh-I-Noor pencils and cut them out. I used the large flourish, and stamped the ends on the background, working out roughly where they needed to go by placing my flowers down first without adhering them. I stamped the butterfly antennae where I wanted to place the butterly on the background before I stuck the butterfly to the background. I curved the flower petals with my hands, but you could use a pencil or scissors to do this. I attached them to the card in between the flourish ends, and added some black buttons in the centres. I matted the background onto black card for extra drama to finish.

I will be back later in the month with more projects to share with you, thanks so much for stopping by.

Take care, xx



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...