Followers

Friday 28 May 2010

A card for my BIL

Well I'm another day closer to our mini Retreat, but I had to make a card for my Brother in law's birthday on Monday before I went away. He and my Husband run an Irrigation Company, and at this time of year, they are working their socks off, due to the weather. My poor Hubby will have to work over the weekend, but we're hoping to spend Sunday together, fingers crossed.


 Anyway, back to the card, I wanted to have an engineering theme on the card, so I used a TSS mould, and some silver metal, which I embossed, and then painted black. I rubbed the surplus paint off. I then cut out three cogs using the Tim Holtz Alteration Die from cardstock, which I sanded, and added two Ideology Game Spinners. I used a Craftwork Cards circle Sentiment for speed, as time is of the essence now! I have never used a TSS mould before, never been to a class, so for a first attempt, it went okay. Hopefully, he will like it anyway.


I'm also showing you a photo of Buzz my cat among the Bluebells in our garden a couple of weeks ago. We had lots this year, and most of them are past their best now. The Wisteria is out now, as well as Clematis and Lilac. I was a bit sad to see that the Chickens had trampled one of my lovely Alliums yesterday, they do a lot of good for the borders, but I'm not happy when they damage my delicate flowers.
I probably won't post again until we're back from our Retreat now, so enjoy the Bank holiday weekend everyone. Have a great half-term break if you are lucky enough not to work. I'll be back soon, Judith x


7 comments:

craftimamma said...

I think you've done a brilliant job with the metal Judith. I love that mould but it is a very detailed one to do. It's perfect for men's cards too.

Only 4 more sleeps to go! See you on Tuesday.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

Well done with that technique - he will like it I'm sure. Your cat seems to be enjoying the flowers thanks for sharing.

Jo said...

Great cogs card. You've made a lovely job of the black paint which I once tried and made an awful mess of. I like that you have kept it quite simple otherwise as it really doesn't need a lot of extras, does it?

Buzz is so cute! Hope she is a bit more lightfooted than the chickens.

G Peplow said...

Brilliant card,x

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card hun.. hope you having the best time :O)) x

Lynne K said...

Brilliant card, Judith, just the job for a man. Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with your blog lately, hope you are having/had a wonderful time on your mini retreat.

Suezie said...

This is such a cute guy card Judith! Great colours too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...