Followers

Friday 2 September 2011

Forgotten Friday 31- A forgotten project


Hi folks, well it's my second post today, but one that you are more familiar with, my Forgotten Friday post. I decided this week to look at a project that I started about a year ago at the Graphicus Retreat, and never managed to finish. I think that I might tackle a bit of this project over the next few weeks in this slot in order to finish the project, as it is such a large project to tackle. There are lots of techniques covered, and it will refresh my memory, and perhaps yours too.

The project that I am looking at is a large canvas with several tags covering it. The class was called 'Tagtastic Workshop', and it was full of fabulous colour and stamping. The beauty of tackling this project now, is that I can take my time, and, if I wish, incorporate newer Chocolate Baroque stamps into the tags that have come along since, which are becoming firm favourites. We were encouraged at the Retreat to go home and use the stamps that we had to finish this project off, I had them all, as I love these stamps so much, but I may incorporate one or two little newbies in.

Another good element to this project is the range of colours that I will be using, I have 'forgotten' Distress Inks too, colours that I don't use or neglect, and this project will see me getting those out, and dusting off the cobwebs.

So far, I have coloured my canvas, I did this at the Retreat, and tackled three tags. Two of these were started, I have just finished them today, and made another one.
I was blown away by the gel resist technique that I learnt at the Retreat, but sadly haven't used it since. I really must make something with that technique again, as it is so effective.
The bird was stamped onto the book page with Matte Multi medium, and once dry, inked over with Distress Inks, it looks amazing, and was so simple to do.


I hardly ever use this Tim Holtz bird and bird cage, so to make something for myself with it makes a change. The cage is painted with precious metal paint, and the background is simply a mix of fabulous Chocolate Baroque stamps.

I am going on holiday on Sunday, to lovely Lake Garda, and will be away until 12th September. If I have time, I will do a scheduled post for next week. However, time is running away with me, so I'm not making any promises! Don't forget to look through your own neglected stash and see if you can make something with your forgotten items. Leave a comment on my Blog, and I'll pop along to take a look. Thanks for stopping by today, xx


6 comments:

Aquarius said...

This looks like a really brilliant project and I expect you will be really pleased to get it finished as a reminder of the retreat. Enjoy your holiday - sounds wonderful. I should have a card for you tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This looks as though it's going to be reaaly good. I love what you've done so far and look forward to seeing the rest as it progresses. I've had a busy week but should be back with something for FF somewhen over the weekend. Have a super holiday.

Sue

Miranda said...

Hi Judith, great techniques that do look fantastic! Hope you have a fine holiday!Lots of inspiration in Italy......greetz, Mirandaxx

craftimamma said...

Ooops, I have my canvas unfinished (along with a few others :( ) and it's such a shame because you are right, it definitely was a fab worksop. It's the old, old story of no enough hours in the day isn't it?

Good on you getting some more work done on i and I look forward to seeing it develop.

Hugs
Lesley XX

Aquarius said...

Here is my card for this week's Forgotten Friday challenge

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Here is my contribution to this weeks Forgotten Friday. Better late than never.

Sue x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...