Friday, 2 September 2011
Old Leather Music Book
Continuing on the theme of the new stamps released over at Chocolate Baroque this week, I have made a sample with the 'Music Fanfare' stamp set this time.
I wanted to make my project look like a tooled leather book, and after some thought, set about spraying some cheap photo copy paper with Adirondack spray inks, until I achieved the desired colour. I used Cranberry and Red Pepper. I cut three hearts from chipboard, using the heart music stamp as a template, and stuck these to my main piece of chipboard, before sticking the sprayed paper down. I pressed around the hearts, and the paper was soft enough to settle around them. I coloured the edges of the paper with Black Soot Distress Ink.
I created a central focal point with mount board, stamping one of the lovely music images with Versafine Ink, and triple embossing the oval. I worked out where it was going to go on my project, and stamped some leaves in Black Stazon to create a frame around the oval. Finally, I added hinges and a lock created with grungepaper, and coloured with Black Soot DI.
Design Team Blog for more samples there from myself and my team mates. A sample that I made using the 'Music Fanfare' set is now showing on the DT Blog.
I'll be back later today with my Forgotten Friday post, see you then!
Thanks for stopping by, xx