Followers

Saturday 3 November 2012

Zentangle Butterfly

Here's a Design Team sample that is posting on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog today. I have used a large butterfly stamp from the new stamp set 'Tangled Garden', that I mentioned in my previous post.

The full details of how I created the card can be seen on the design team blog page. Basically, I have created a wrinkle free Distress background after masking off the string, and edges of the background. I have then drawn the Zentangle patterns in the white areas, and coloured the designs with watercolour pens using a blender pen.I coloured the butterfly and flower the same way.





I find the process of tangling very relaxing, and have really enjoyed working with these stamps. I'll be back in a few days with another sample. Thanks for stopping by, xx



6 comments:

Caroline said...

Judith this is so beautiful love the design and the colours are so pretty. Caroline xxx

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful background effect with the stamp and zentangle pattern.

Elaine said...

Really stunning card Judith, great colour choices, wonderful background, great combination of the stamps and your skillful freehand work. Very special. Elaine xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

The movement in this is spectacular with the way the string gives a sense of the butterfliy's flight trail & I love your tangled borders top & bottom. It's also a lovely example of how well the CB earlier stamp sets work with the new releases. A real stunner this one which has me thoroughly excited about the possibilites of colour schemes & designs.
Paula (PEP)

Kathryn said...

Beautiful xx

Chris said...

Fabulous. Chris xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...