Here's another sample using the Steampunk Butterfly stamp set. This sample is showing over on the Design Team Blog today, but I would like to give you a few more details about it over here.
I started my design by painting two MDF cogs with black gesso, and then cutting out some backing paper from the Prima Firefly 6" x 6" paper pad. I stamped and embossed the cog fragment onto the papers with silver embossing powder, and added some Distress Ink around the embossing for depth. I sanded the edges of each piece to distress them. I then stuck each piece to the cogs. I glued the cogs together, and left them to dry.
I stamped two butterflies onto more of the Prima paper, cut them out, and stuck them onto Clearly for Art. I coloured the back of the paper with Distress Ink before I stuck them down, so that I would not have any white paper showing once I was finished. I heated the butterflies up, and bent them into the shape that I wanted.
I made a flower using silver metal stuck onto black card. I cut the shapes using a Nestability shape, and then coloured them with alcohol inks. I fixed them together with a brad, added a cog over the top, filled the centre with Glossy Accents, and dropped black glass glitter in the centre. I stamped some leaves onto the silver metal using Stazon Ink.
I cut a Tim Holtz clock die from chipboard, which I coloured with Distress Inks. I added embossing powder in various metallic colours, then I added some Stickles for a bit more shimmer. Finally, I added a few metal cogs to finish my design.
This is the last of the Steampunk Butterfly samples for now, I hope that you have enjoyed them. Thanks for stopping by, xx
2 days ago