Sunday, 9 December 2012
Stained Glass Window
I have another sample to show you today using the new Steampunk Butterfly stamp set from Chocolate Baroque
When I saw the circular fragment, it reminded me of a church window, and I wanted to try and create that effect. After a bit of practising on scrap paper, I managed to achieve a reasonable attempt! I made a background using Distress Inks spritzed with water, then stamped the four sections of the fragment. I needed to mask a small portion off each time, using masking tape, as the fragment is too large otherwise. I then added the two spires from the Gothic Fragments stamp set. I needed to mask a tiny portion of these to then stamp the corners so that they appeared to be behind the spires. I coloured the images in tones of brown, using my Polychromos pencils, and added touches of gold Mica ink.
I stamped a flower from the Bold Bloom stamp set onto acetate, using Stazon, and then added some multi-coloured flakes behind the image. Once this was dry, I added this to the centre of the 'window'. I used fine line masking tape coloured with a black Copic pen to represent the leading on the window.
To complete the background, I used a stamp from the Texture Fragment stamp set, using three different colour Distress Inks, and stamped randomly to create a stone effect. I then used a sentiment from the Artistic Affirmations stamp set in the top corner.
Design Team Blog today, but if you keep checking back there will be lots more inspiration from my Design Team mates over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, xx