Followers

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Zentangle Fairy


Hi Folks, I have a project with a difference for you today, which I'm also posting on my other blog

I'm using the new stamp set from Chocolate Baroque called Punky Flowers, but this time, I wanted to incorporate them into a piece of Zentangle Inspired Art. I am a huge admirer of this kind of work, but rarely get the time to dabble in any tangling myself these days. I recently purchased a new Zentangle book called 'The Art of Zentangle', which is a collaberation by four women, one of whom, Norma J. Burnell, draws the most beautiful fairies. The book actually has a very easy step by step piece included, and I used this to help me plan my project. I had never drawn most of the tangles before, but slow work and planning as to where the stamps needed to go paid off. I will certainly draw more of these fairies, as I found the whole process very relaxing, and want to create some more now!






I have given her green eyes, as my Daughter has green eyes. Normally my fairies have brown hair, just like my Daughter as well, but I wanted to keep my tangles black and white, which seemed to add to the design, rather than take anything away.

I hope that this has given you another idea for these lovely stamps, don't forget to keep popping over to the Design Team Blog to see what my team mates have been up to. Thanks for stopping by, xx


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Judith xx

jane stillman said...

Wow, absolutely stunning and certainly worth all the planning

Kate M said...

This is beautiful!
xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

One word Judith, Stunning.

Sue x

Ina G said...

Absolutely awesome Judith. Really beautiful.

Wendy said...

Wow, that's really lovely! x

Suzi B said...

Saw this on Face Book...it's stunning! xx

Ryn Tanaka said...

Judith!!! I am so amazed by this. This a lovely piece of art! Love how you incorporated zentangle into her hair. I love playing with hair too. You can really add anything to it when you use your imagination. Just beautiful :)

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is stunning!! I love the hair and the zentangle looks awesome!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lynne K said...

Wow, Judith, this is amazing! Simply stunning. Makes me want to buy the book and have a go. Will look forward to seeing more fairies from you! x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Stunning artwork Judith, I love this piece so much. Thanks for your inspiration. I hope you are having a great day, Shirleyxx

indie said...

Amazing you are very clever, love the image.

indie :) x

Laura Mackie Stampin' Up! said...

wow that is stunning, hope your keeping well?? xxLaura xx

Unknown said...

Stunning , I love this Hugs txx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...