Followers

Saturday 4 May 2013

Under the Sea

Hi Folks, I have a project showcasing the new Punky Flowers stamp plate from Chocolate Baroque

The stamp plate is a mixture of lovely flowers with coils and cogs, big floral designs, and some Art Deco style flowers thrown in as well. It's a great stamp plate.

I created a background using Dylusions sprays and water, taking some of the colour away with kitchen paper, and layering the colour until I was happy with the effect. I added a texture stamp to add to the watery feel of the background. I stamped the flowers and a seaweed stamp along the bottom of the paper, and bleached the flowers so that I could colour them with pencils. I added a decoupaged mermaid, also coloured with pencils. I have used Inktense pencils for this projects, and they give a lovely vibrant feel to the piece. I added a word from the Artistic Expressions stamp set, it's a great set to use when you want to add a large focal word to a project, and I love the different fonts in the set. I added some silver embossing powder, and blue glitter glass to a couple of the corners, and my card was finished.






I'll be back in a few days with another project to show you, but keep popping over to the Design Team Blog where my Team mates will be posting lots of inspiration for you as well. Thanks for stopping by, xx



6 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Judith, I love your card - it's so original to think of using the flowers in an underwater scene. I like the way you created the background and how vibrant the flowers and mermaid are - they really do pop off the page. I met Glenda yesterday for the first time and also got my first chocolate baroque stamps - the Indian sets from last month - so I'm looking forward to having a play with them over the weekend. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card, Claire x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Judith, the flowers look great in an underwater scene. The background looks great the way you've created it, I could hardly beleive you had used Dylusions, as normally the colour in them is so strong.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

Lovely bubbly texturew ith that background & the glazed bulbs of the flowers look amazing - really catching the light with the embossing & glitter of the corners. I particularly like her mauve tail & pinky top contrasting against the greeny blues & redder reds of the rest of your design. The Inktense pencils really do give a vibrancy to this.
Paula (PEP)

Elaine said...

This is a really creative project Judith. Vibrant colours with a faboulous combination of several different stamp sets, working so well together. Beautiful colouring and composition and very good idea to use those stamps for an underwater scene. Elaine xxx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful work this undersea world Judith. marvelous.
nice weekend and lovely greet
Marja

craftimamma said...

This is brilliant. What a clever way to use those lightbulb flowers! Lovely background and great underwater theme. Clever girl!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...