Followers

Sunday 19 January 2014

Oriental Screen

Hi Folks, here is a project using more of the stamp of the month stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I have used a piece of card measuring 12" x 9", which I have folded into three, scoring at 4" and 8" along the long  sides top and bottom. While the card was folded into three, I die cut the top of the screen using the Tim Holtz Vintage Cabinet card die. Tip: if you just place your top cutting plate over the area of the die that you want to cut, you won't cut any further into your screen. I die cut the bottom of the screen in the same way using the Tim Holtz Baroque die.

I trimmed a piece of Firefly paper to 12" x 6" and then stamped the background stamps taken from the Tranquilty and the Moonlit Waterfall stamp sets onto the paper, and coloured them with Inktense pencils. I then used Images from Oriental Crane and Serenity/Tranquility Multibuy to stamp my main images, which I also coloured with pencils.

I punched a leaf image from the top of each screen panel, and added some tiny gems for decoration.


Thanks for stopping by, xx


4 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

This is lovely Judith, it looks very tranquil

Jackie x

Paula (PEP) said...

A real stunner Judith & I love the way you stamped onto patterned paper then coloured the images to tie in with the focal screen images. The shaping of the tops & bottoms of the screens is a lovely touch & I particularly like the way the top shape echoes the top shape of the die-cut used for the image panels. The punched leaf adds a lovely touch as do those gems. An unusual yet fitting project for these oriental stamps.
Paula (PEP)

Beth Norman said...

Beautifully done. I like how you decorated and coloured. Well done.

Susan Hogan said...

Great screen - what a super idea. Creative juices are already flowing.......Guess your are still off grid; hope it all happens for you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...