Followers

Monday 13 January 2014

Tranquil Tree

Hi Folks, I wanted to create a masculine card with an oriental feel using the new oriental stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I created a background by embossing some kraft card with a stencil through my die cutting machine and then adding some Distress Inks for definition. I added a wash of colour to a piece of handmade paper and stamped the tree and bird from the Serenity stamp set using brown archival ink.

I made a 'stone' by cutting a piece of card into an oval shape and punching a hole in one end before applying some texture paste. I stamped the word Tranquility taken from the Tranquility stamp set. I added some acrylic paint over the top in various shades of brown, and blue, drying the paint after each application. Note: you do need to make sure that the piece cools down before you add the next stage, or the paint cooks. Finally, I added some dark brown paint, which I wiped away before it was dry. The paint settled into the letters.

I tied the 'stone' to the card using some string in a criss cross design.


Thanks for stopping by,  xx


2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Definitely masculine & I particularly like the way your 'stone' echoes the inked embossed kraft base. The bird is delightful looking as if he's just flown from his perch on the tree. The wash of paint is very atmospheric in the background. Thanks for the detailed info regarding the 'stone' too.
Paula (PEP)

craftimamma said...

This is lovely Judith! I really like the 'stone' idea and the handmade paper works beautifully. This is a perfect card for a male recipient but I think any female who doesn't like things too fussy would still like this.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...