Followers

Thursday 23 January 2014

Anything Goes new challenge at CWD

Hi Folks, I am posting my blog post for Crafting with Dragonflies slightly late this week, as I have phone line and Internet connection issues at home. Apparently, our phone cables around the village have been stolen, and we could be without phones for some time. You have to wonder at what some people will do to make some money. So, I have managed to get online by hook or by crook, and here is my post.

The theme for this fortnight's challenge is Anything Goes, and it is a card related challenge. I have chosen to use a couple of stamp images from Inkylicious, which are previously unused in my stash, shameful I know, but I have so many stamps! I stamped both stamps onto pieces of mount board cut using Nestability shapes. I used Distress Markers, so that I could get a variegated effect with the colours. I then covered the pieces of mount board with three layers of UTEE, to create a tile effect.

I covered my card with a lovely piece of DP from my stash, I have had it for so long, I don't even know where it came from, but the design is just gorgeous. I added some lace, and two metal butterflies, which I painted to tone in with the overall colour scheme.

 
 
Hop over to the challenge blog to see what my team mates have made for your inspiration, and have a go at entering the challenge. All you need to do is make a card with the theme of 'Anything Goes'. Thanks for stopping by, xx
 





5 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

What a gorgeous card Judith, I love the tile effect

Jackie x

Paula (PEP) said...

Some really super colour matching with the mount board pieces & your beautiful patterns paper. I love the delicacy that the lace adds & how that your metal butterflies bring out the filigree effect inherent in the stamped butterfly.
Paula (PEP)

Susan Hogan said...

A beautiful card Judith. So much elegance and loveliness in the images and the embellies.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card , such stunning images . Hope this card finds you well hugs txx

Wynn said...

This card has certainly got the wow factor Judith. I love the delicate colours you have used and the vintage lace.....soooooo pretty. Hugs Wynn xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...