Followers

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Alter a Tin or Jar


Hi Folks it's time for another chaleenge over on the Crafting with Dragonflies challenge blog. This fortnight, we are challenging you to alter a tin or a jar, and it would be great to see your before and after photos.

I have chosen to alter a jar that contained some scrumptious marshmallows that we treated ourselves to before Christmas. In the name of crafting, they had to be finished off so that I could use the jar of course!
I started by painting the jar with a stone coloured paint, and then added some background papers which had some lovely vintage adverts on them. I clipped the top of the paper, which enabled me to mould the paper to the contours of the jar more easily. I added a coat of crackle glaze, followed by dark brown paint to the top and bottom of the jar, creating a worn edge above and below the papers. I kept the screw area of the jar clear.
I painted the lid in a toffee colour, and once it was dry, I added various colours of metallic gilding wax in tones of brown and gold to make it look more aged. I printed my image onto kraft card and coloured it with pencils. I cut it out using a ticket die from Tim Holtz. I used a smaller die from the same set and a stamp from Paper Artsy on another scrap piece of kraft card. Some brown lace and ribbon were all that were needed to finish my jar.

Our sponsor this week is Digistamps4joy and Margy is offering a prize of $10 to spend in the store to the winner.
Why not hop over to the challenge blog to see what my creative team mates have been up to, and have a go at entering the challenge?

Thanks for stopping by, xx



6 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely piece of craft work Judith. I love the soft look of the image on the craft. Hope your internet worries and wires have been sorted!

Wynn said...

This is lovely Judith. You've managed to create a great vintage feel with your choice of colours. Hugs Wynn xx

CG said...

Wow, such a beautiful project. Love all the techniques you've used, especially the coloring on kraft. Best, CG

Ina G said...

You have done a magnificent job on colouring the telephone and the soft colours just add to the beauty of this project.

Unknown said...

Love it, great idea and use for a Mallow Jar(MMMM mallows) Txx

happyglitzygirl said...

Love the vintage feel of the jar, looks wonderful, blessings Hilde

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...