Followers

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Mackintosh Birthday

I have always loved the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, and the new stamps sets from Chocolate Baroque evoke that style perfectly. I have a Birthday card to show you today, using the lovely new Mackintosh Windows/Mackintosh Beauty Multibuy stamp set. I have created a wrinkle free distress background, and stamped the rose spray from each set onto the background to create a frame for the main image. I used bleach to paint the images, so that I could then colour these images with Distress markers. I stamped the main image onto a large die cut and also coloured this with markers before matting it onto black card. I have added a sentiment from the Mackintosh Sentiments stamp set.

I wanted to show the versatility of this stamp and that it could be used for lots of occasions, not just weddings, by changing the colours that you use. Thanks for stopping by, xx



4 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

A really delightful presentation of the image so adeptly demonstrating its non-bridal use. The wreath is a real delight & shows off one of the features I love about CB - the reversing of an image. The colours are delightful & I love the bold black framing which is so evocative of the Mackintosh style.
Paula (PEP)

Crafty Judith said...

Fab project hun xxx have a great day x

lady jasmine crafts said...

Stunning card xxx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Judith this is stunning. Love the beautiful design and love these stamps too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...