Followers

Sunday 9 February 2014

Foiled Rose Panel

Hi Folks, I have created a card with the Mackintosh Windows stamp set using some metal foil to create a focal panel. I stamped the image with Stazon Ink, and drew over the lines with an embossing tool. I rubbed black acrylic paint onto the panel, and then wiped the excess off, leaving black paint in the crevices. I added some coloured gilding wax to the leaves and flowers to make them stand out.

I stamped some matching roses onto a piece of background from my stash, that I had made ages ago. I have used the wrinkle free distress technique with metallic Distress Stain added to two tones of purple Distress Ink. I simply added a piece of ribbon and a sentiment from the Mackintosh Sentiments stamp set to finish.


Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx


2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

The foiled panel is very 'Mackintosh' in texture & ambience & I like the way your ribbon echoes the horizontal bars in the image. The ribbon looks almost velvety in the photo & that struck me as a super softening contrast with the metallic panel. The repeat stamping of your background roses not only echo the image but also bring out the colour of the ribbon (perhaps the latter is the other way about). Your balck matting of both the foiled panl & the whole design really reflects the Mackintosh style too.
Paula (PEP)

craftimamma said...

This is beautiful Judith. I love the embossed foil panel. Me thinks you are liking these new stamp plates ;D! You're certainly showing them off to perfection.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...