Followers

Saturday, 10 May 2014

Fluttering By

I needed to make a Birthday card for a very dear friend recently, and my project here is the end result. I had a vague idea as I started out, and knew which main components I was going to use. They were purchases from my recent trip to Ally Pally, but I wasn't sure of the exact outcome, that's part of the fun of crafting sometimes!
I used some fairly plain background paper from my stash which was a soft golden colour, and stencilled a flower from one of Lin Brown's new stencil plates onto the background fairly randomly, using a soft pinkish acrylic paint. I then added a coral colour to the edges of the petals. I added some ferns from another one of the stencil plates, using an olive green. I added some stamping to the background, using a deep brown, but used second generation stamping, as I did not want the stamping to be too dark. I added a touch of Distress Ink around the edges of the background, using an olive green to blend with the colour palette that I was already using.

I stamped a large butterfly from IndigBlu onto watercolour paper, and coloured the image with Distress Markers and a waterbrush. I stamped the body and antennae part of the butterfly directly onto the background, which allowed me to cut the watercoloured butterfly out, omitting the fiddly antennae parts. I then attached the butterfly to the card.

My camera battery was flat when I needed to take a photo of this card, so I used my phone. The picture has come out fine, in fact, I think that it has probably turned out better! 

Thanks for stopping by, xx



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...