Followers

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Two colourful Tags

Hi Folks, I have a couple of tags to show you today, using the stamp of the month stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque

I wanted to create a peice of artwork reflecting the fashions of the twenties, when the dresses were often beautiful ombre shades, with fringing and feathers, with lots of decorative elements. I love the elegance of these dresses, and the way that the skirts swing from the hips. So my first tag tries to reflect these style features, using a background of Distress Inks, ranging from pale green to dark blue. I have spritzed the background with a shimmer spray to give the impression of a chiffon overlay.

I stamped a portion of the background with one of the slihouette flower stamps from the Nouveau Lovebirds stamp set, and added some fringing and a large feather. I used a tiny portion of one of the flapper ladies dresses from the Fabulous Flappers stamp set, which I coloured with pencils, and encapsulated it into a Nautical Frame with Dome charm. I have stuck the dome over the image using Glossy accents. These are great little embellishments, as they slightly magnify the image.

My next tag was made using Gelatos on the background. I had this tag lurking in my stash from a while ago, and decided to try and make something with it. I used a Crealie mask, and some stamping with gold embossing using a stamp from the Texture Fragments stamp set over the background. I stamped the flowers taken from both of the A5 stamp sets onto self-adhesive labels , and coloured them with Copic markers, adding some leaves from the Tangled Garden stamp set. Some funky crackle gems and ribbon complete the tag.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful tags Judith

veronica said...

2 very colourful tags - my favourite is the blue one, love the colours in it. They both show how versatile these stamps are

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely work - love the gelato one, your background is super. Just made we want to make one myself now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...