Hello everyone, I have a card to share with you today using a selection of some stamps that I have had in my stash for a little while. Sometimes it is great to look at your stamps with a fresh viewpoint, and try using them in different ways. I have always used the Snake's Head Fritillary stamped individually as a focal point on a card, but wanted to create a meadow effect with the flowers for this particular card.
I started to create the card by stamping a few of the flower heads in Onyx Black Versafine Ink, and masking them as I went along. If they were higher up the card, I ensured that I did not stamp the end of the stalk, so that I could draw a longer stem freehand afterwards, using a fine tipped marker pen. Once I had stamped five images, I switched to Smokey Gray Versafine Ink, and stamped the remainder of the images. I wanted to give the feeling of depth to the flowers, and the grey ink helped some of them appear to fade into the background, as if I were creating multiple layers of flowers.
I coloured the flowers with Polychromos pencils, adding grey pencil to the flowers at the 'back' of the picture, to tone down the colours a bit. I also used much paler colouring for these flowers, making the flowers in the foreground much more vibrant.
I used Distress Ink to colour the background, and added some stencilling, using the same colours of Distress Ink to keep a layered look to the background. I stamped a couple of butterflies from the Harebell and Thistle butterfly stamp sets directly onto the background, and then stamped the images again onto some spare card. I coloured these images with pencil before cutting them out, and decouoaging them onto the background.
I added a greeting from the Birthday Words stamp set, and mounted the background onto a large black card blank.