Followers

Friday 28 April 2017

Russian Inspired Wedding Card

Hello everyone, I have another Russian inspired project to share with you today. I have created a card for today's post using the Russian Spires stencil, and have chosen a wedding theme for my project. I have used bold colours, but you could easily opt for pastel colours and create something to match the colours of a specific wedding, by changing the colours of the rooftops, for example..

I cut a piece of watercolour card, and drew through the stencil with a pencil to start with, to get the shape of the buildings. I removed the stencil, and using a fine tipped permanent pen, I drew the outline again, joining up all of the broken lines. I added in a few extra details, like the edges of the rooftops, and the landscape.

I coloured the image and landscape with Zig Clean Colour markers. I masked the building, and also added a mask for a sun.  I used some Salty Ocean Distress Ink on a craft mat, and spritzed it with water, then picked it up with a waste piece of bubble wrap to create the sky. I just dabbed the scrunched up bubble wrap randomly over the background. I removed the masks, and added some Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink for the sun.

I added a sentijment from the Words to Dazzle and Sparkle stamp set, and a small image of two silhouette birds from the Landscape Edges stamp set.

I hope that my card has given you a bit of inspiration, thanks for stopping by, xx

2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Love the way you used this stamp, amazing depth and colours! Thanks for sharing your technique for the sky, it looks wonderful!

Evy Browning said...

The bubble wrap sky is a beauty & so effective & I particularly like the way you created the landscape around the church. The details (the flying birds & the positioning of your sentiment across the sun with the way the "O" letters echo the shapes of the bulbous domes as well as the sun itself) really make this a stunner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...