Followers

Sunday 15 October 2017

Autumn Tree

Hello everyone, over on the Design Team blog today, you will be able to see a fabulous jam-packed blog post containing lots of inspirational projects from the Design Team that have been made in fifteen minutes or less. We contribute to this post every month, written by yours truly, to show how the stamps from Chocolate Baroque can be used in lots of different ways to create cards quickly and easily, but still end up with amazing creations in a very short amount of time.  I know myself that I spend far more time thinking about a design than actually putting it together, and once I have a design in mind, I can often just change a colour, or create a production line of cards, turning the process into a set of batch cards quite quickly. Lots of our ideas in these monthly blog posts could easily become great batch cards for Christmas cards, Wedding invitations, thank you cards, etc. or you could make multiple cards for craft fairs if you wanted to.  Do take a look at everyone else's samples over on the blog, as there are some gorgeous designs.

To create my card, I cut a piece of smooth cartridge paper, and coloured the tree image from the Fantasy Woodland stamp set with Distress Markers, choosing a range of Autumn colours for the leaves, and dark brown for the trunk and branches. Once I had stamped the image, I added a mask, and sponged Peeled Paint Distress Ink along the base of the tree to ground the image, creating a landscape.

I stamped some leaves from the Nature Table stamp set, using Distress Markers as before, across the top corner of the background, as if they were blowing away in the wind. Using a waterbrush, I pulled some of the colour from the edges of the leaves. I added my favourite sentiment from the Nature's Peace stamp set using Potting Shed Archival Ink. Finally, I added a border of shading around the background using Fossilized Amber Distress Ink.


Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Judith, I love this card and all those wonderful colours, beautifully designed with those leaves, Kate x

Evy Browning said...

What strikes me with this is your use of Potting Shed for the sentiment, that sort of green brown - picks up beautifully the tree trunk & the grassy slopes. Lovely way to create lots of different cards by altering the leaf colours too. That little leaf stamp is a gem isn't it? One of my favourite 'little' CB workers.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sweet and delicate card, love the tree with the colorful leaves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...