Followers

Monday, 30 October 2017

Distress Inks and Flowers

Hello everyone, I have a couple of bonus projects to share with you this month, not featuring on the Design Team blog. I have created a large tag using some favourite stamps from the Pretty Poppies and Poppy Meadow stamp sets.

I started to make my tag by stamping the main image, and then adding a mask. I coloured the background using Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint Distress Ink, spritzing the background with water, and allowing it to dry completely. I stamped around the edges using the Large Crackle Background stamp, and Peeled Paint Distress Ink. While the mask was still in place, I stamped the small silhouette flower around the poppy image, using first and second generation stamping. I used red and green ink on the image for a more realistic effect.

I removed the mask, and coloured the image with Distress Ink and a waterbrush. I used Ripe Persimmon and Festive Berries for the flowers, and Peeled Paint for the foliage, adding a touch of red to the leaves and stems for depth. I used the same colours on the butterfly.

I coloured the seam binding ribbon with the same inks, blotting off the excess ink onto a piece of cartridge paper, then scrunching the ribbon, and drying it with a heat gun.

I spritzed the piece of cartridge paper that I had mopped my ribbons onto with some water, and stamped some images from the Silhouette Grasses stamp set over the top using various different colours of Versafine Clair Ink. I used first and second generation stamping. The butterflies are from the Baroque Meadow stamp set, and the sentiment comes from the Words to Dazzle and Sparkle stamp set.


This was a really quick card to make, and was just using a scrap piece of card. Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

scrAPpamondo said...

Lovely both, and especially like your tag, such wonderful background and colouring on the beautiful stamp!!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous makes Judith, lovely colours and designs, Kate x

Evelyn Browning said...

The little silhouette flower in the first project adds such an interesting element & it's very effective with the different tonal value created by the subsequent generations of stamping. The shading of the poppy is quite delightful as is the vibrant combination of these particular reds & greens. Fascinating to see your mopping up project developed from the excess ink as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...