Followers

Thursday 19 October 2017

Harlequin Poppies

Hello everyone, I have a project to share with you today that featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

This project was created using the fabulous Drawing Cartridge paper, which is such a great product. I love to use smooth watercolour paper in a lot of my projects, which can be a bit pricy. Cartridge paper is a cheaper alternative, and this paper from the website is perfect for adding water, and lightweight enough for fussy cutting. It is smooth enough for stamping as well, so a good all rounder for your projects.

I started my project by blending bands of Peeled Paint and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Ink across the background, and then spritzed them with water for a mottled effect. Once the background had dried naturally, I added a circle mask, and stamped a harlequin image from the Harlequin Fragments stamp set around the masked area, using a deep Fired Brick Distress Ink, mixed in with a little Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I added some extra shading around the edge of the mask, before removing the mask.

On another piece of the cartridge paper, I added some colour using green, red, yellow and orange Distress Oxide Inks, and then stamped some of the flowers and a butterfly from the Butterfly Poppy Collage stamp set, using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I heat set the images and cut them out. I stamped a sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set into the circle aperture created underneath the mask, using the black ink as before.

I added large black brads to the flowers to loosely give the illusion of the flowers being poppies, before attaching them to the card, and added some leafy die cuts. Finally, I adhered the background to a large black card blank.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Judith, love the Autumnal colours you've used. I'm loving seeing the new ideas using the older stamp sets.

Sue xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card! Fab choice of colors, so warm and bright! Love the harlequin background and the faux poppies!

Evy Browning said...

Delightful use of the inks here to create the muted harlequin background forming the contrasting backdrop for those vibrant flowers with their striking black brad centres echoed by the circular masked sentiment area. The black card blank frames the whole perfectly. Just as I was going to close the comment box I noticed how the die cut leaves even have a 'harlequin' shape to them - very clever touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...