Followers

Thursday 25 October 2018

Kim Moody Houses

At the beginning of the month, a new range of stamps designed by Kim Moody were launched on Hochanda. These quirky stamps have been manufactured by Chocolate Baroque, and I was lucky enough to get to work with the stamps, providing some samples for the TV show. You can check out Kim's stamps on the Chocolate Baroque website by heading for the Kim Moody section.


For my first card, I die cut an oval aperture from a piece of card, and stamped some of the flowers from the Patchwork Landscape stamp set along the bottom of the card. I coloured these with Inktense pencils, and ran over them quickly with a water brush afterwards. I stamped In an English Country Garden onto another piece of card, and coloured this with the same pencils, adding splotches of colour in the foreground to represent the flowers growing in the garden. I attached the image behind the oval before adhering the panel to a black mat layer and then to a card blank.

For my second card, I stamped Head Office and masked the image. I coloured the sky using a stencil and blue Memento Ink, then used a green Distress Ink for the grass. I used Inktense pencils to colour the image,and added some hand drawn birds. Although Inktense pencils are normally very vibrant, I created a washed plaster look to the walls of the house, by adding very little pencil to the paper, and drawing it out with the waterbrush.  I did the same with the stone work, and it seemed to work very well.

I stamped La Maison, and again masked the image before stamping Glade Design a Tree. I added foliage using shades of green and orange in first and second generation stamping for added depth. I used Distress Inks to watercolour my image and background, using an orangey brown for the doors to tone in with the foliage.

These images are great fun to work with. I have a couple more that are unfinished that I will try to blog in due course. Do check out what my Team mates created over on the Design Team blog.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three lovely cards, with beautiful colours! Love that tree on the back of the house in the last one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...