Followers

Tuesday 23 October 2018

A Collage of Colour

Hello everyone, I have a mixture of projects to share with you today, showcasing the stamps featured on last month's TV shows from Hochanda.

My first project uses the lovely Birdcage Collage stamp as my focal point. I created a colourful background using Turquoise and Lime Green Brushos spritzed with water, and pressed a piece of crumpled cling film over the top, to add a bit of texture to the background. Once the Brushos had dried, I removed the cling film, and stamped some of the words from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp plate over the top, using Archival black ink.

I stamped the Birdcage Collage onto a spare piece of Drawing Cartridge, and coloured the image using water Distress markers and a water brush. Finally, I cut out the image, and attached it to the background.

For my second card, I created a piece of background using Seedless Preserves and Fossilized Amber Distress Inks, which I had added to my craft mat and spritzed with water. I picked these up on the Drawing Cartridge a couple of times, drying each layer in between. I coloured a piece of Stampbord with the same colour of inks, and the stamped the deco edge from the Decorative Edges stamp set on both the Stampbord and the background, using a plum coloured ink. To finish, I added a piece of ribbon, and some Little Birdie flowers.

My final sample is a reproduction of one I made a long time ago, however I liked the design, so why not? I stamped the Butterfly Dress image onto a piece of smooth card, and masked the image. I stamped the Floral Edges image across the bottom twice. I added clouds using a stencil and Memento Summer Skies ink, but you could use torn paper or a frilly die cut to achieve a similar look.

I stamped the Butterfly Dress image twice again onto spare card, and then coloured the flowers and butterflies, plus the main images all with Polychromos pencils. I added the extra butterflies to the background flying around the lady, and along the floral border.

Thanks for stopping by, xx



1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three amazing cards, love very much your inking and the last one really makes me blowing up!!! Fantastic scene, that butterfly girl flying on the flowers is just delightful and stunning!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...