Followers

Thursday 11 March 2010

Mother's Day

THIS IS MY SECOND POST TODAY, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ MY EARLIER POST.

Well my Mother's Day cards this year were dictated by what I was teaching my card making class. I am currently going over backgrounds. Last week, we covered direct to paper with ink pads, and then stamped over the top with images to create a fabric like background. We then used some lovely Elusive Images Flower stamps as our main images which we either watercoloured with Distress Inks, or coloured with Inktense pencils. I have done one of each. Personally, I prefer the orange toned card, which is unlike me, because I used Glossy Accents on the bulb jar, and the Distress Inks ran slightly. I also prefer the backing paper on the orange one. That one is intended for my MIL, but as my Mum doesn't read my blog, she'll never know!


























I also had another attempt at making one of those faux porcelain flowers with my brand new Melt Pot. I have lots of ideas for what else I'd like to try, but not enough hours in the day. Maybe another time. Thanks for looking, Judith x

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

Lovely cards and the porcelain flower is brilliant. Did you just dip it into molten UTEE?

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card and love you made a flower again...aren't they just addictive??

craftimamma said...

The cards are beautiful Judith. I do love the orange one but I think the hyacinth is gorgeous. The colouring is just wonderful and I don't think the tiny bit of bleeding from the DI is any detraction from the overall look of the card.

The faux procelain flower is just lovely!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lynne K said...

Well, Judith, I think both cards are beautiful, and I'm sure both mums will love them. The porcelain flower is gorgeous, & is making me think seriously about getting a meltpot! x

Jo said...

I like that bulb glass, Judith and I think that the 'bleeding' looks quite natural. But I do love the warm feel of the other card. The backgrounds are very effective and I'd be happy to receive either card. Enjoying your porcelain flowers too. Keep 'em coming!

Elaine G said...

Lovely cards Judith, both gorgeous, but in different ways. I just hope my two MD cards go as well today!

The faux porcelain flowers you have been making look really great. I have never been tempted to a melt pot before - but I am beginning to wonder?

Elaine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...